Monday, 16 May 2011

... and so it begins.

Greetings and salutations! I have tried in vain to avoid being pulled into the "blogosphere", but if you are reading this entry then all must be lost. I am leery of technology at the best of times and have avoided the temptation to make my life easier by way of cellular phone, personal computer, or shaver with multiple blades for as long as I could. Like most temptations in life however it starts small, perhaps out of necessity and before you know it, it has grown into something beyond your control.

The world moves so fast though, that in order to keep up with it and remain relevant I found myself slowly capitulating to modern conveniences. My handy dandy type writer has been traded in for the super sleek laptop (and the trees rejoiced). My single bladed chin shredder shaver has been replaced with the six bladed, ultra-sonic, vibrating miracle shaver with built-in shaving cream dispenser and guide light for emergency black out shaves. Alas even my humble tin can telephone that I built at the age of seven has found itself rendered obsolete, first at the hands of a cell phone and now by way of this little blog that will track my progress from staunch anti-blogite to brave blogsmonaut. It should be a heck of a ride, I invite everyone to follow along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment